Our Mission & Goals
The Parent Council’s mission is to serve as a forum for parents, educators, and school officials to share ideas and exchange information in order to further advance the quality of the public education system within Albemarle County.
- Provide a forum for sharing ideas and providing direction on Albemarle County School educational issues.
- Inform parents on current issues regarding the education system, and familiarize them with areas that need attention.
- Provide leadership and representation of Albemarle County schools for parents to effectively work together toward common goals and have an influential voice regarding the educational processes affecting their children.
- Advocate on behalf of the Parent Council with regard to communications of key issues to provide information to school PTO’s*, parents, and community leaders. *”PTO” represents any and all schoolwide parent organization that designates a representative to Parent Council.
- Act as a central point for sharing information among PTO’s for individual schools to enhance the strength and value of the PTO system.
- Initiate educational sessions on topics relevant to effective operations for the public school system.
- Promote an open and supportive relationship between parents and teachers, School Board, and administration.