September Meeting Recap
- Location: Albemarle High School
- Date: September 20, 2017
PTO presidents, parent council representatives, and school principals discussed approaches to improve communication/info sharing and topics for future meetings.
Mental Health Panel discussed school programs and community resources available to address common issues facing our youth, especially given recent events. (see resources below)
Dr. Moran provided an update on current enrollment, redistricting committee, High School 2020, and Social Emotional Academic Development initiatives.
Meeting Minutes & Slide Deck
Additional Mental Health Resources
Lori Wood from Region 10 provided the following links related to our mental health panel discussion.
Sites discussed for more resources included:
- Suicide Prevention Awareness & Resource Council (SPARC)
- Charlottesville/Albemarle Coalition for Healthy Youth (CACHY)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- You Choose Charlottesville
Resources related to supporting children and youth post a trauma:
- Trauma Informed Support for Children
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- Helping Children and Adolescents Cope with Violence and Disasters: What Community Members Can Do
- Helping Children Cope After a Traumatic Event
- Caring for Kids After Trauma and Death: A GUIDE FOR PARENTS AND PROFESSIONALS
Brochures and informational flyers with regards to local resources, classes and tips for parents: