- Attend monthly meetings, or arrange for an alternate to attend.
- Relay information from Parent Council to your school on a regular basis by providing reports to your PTO, principal and school newsletter.
- Bring to Parent Council information about your school community.
- Inform yourself on issues so you can represent your school by voting on Parent Council initiatives.
- Connect your parent community to resources provided by Parent Council and the Albemarle County School System, i.e. meetings, informational programs, and distribute invitations to monthly meetings.
- Emphasize to your school PTO representatives the significance of their support and participation in Parent Council initiatives.
- Request your school PTO to support Parent Council through annual dues, to be used to advance Parent Council’s mission.